From opting for fresh sunscreen, hydrating your body with summer-scented lotion to not using hard makeup, ensure you take the right steps for skincare without having to spend much money, says an expert.
Knock off each step on skin care tips for glowing skin and you’ll be ready to pull out your favourite summer dress in no time, says Manoj Khanna, aesthetic and cosmetic surgeon of Enhance Clinics.
* Exfoliate your body: It’s very important to exfoliate your skin. Your body sheds skin cells at an amazing rate every minute of everyday. If you don’t get rid of them, they’ll just sitting on your skin making you look dull and dry. No matter how much lotion you use, you’re never going to have glowing skin if you don’t exfoliate. Gently rub your exfoliator in circular movements on your entire body from the shoulders down (you’ll want a facial exfoliator for your face and neck) and rinse clean. Continue to do this two-three times a week for year-round beautiful skin.
* Go for fresh sunscreen: Throw away last year’s unused sunscreen for a new bottle. Sunscreens aren’t meant to last forever. Buy a new sunscreen that has UVA and UVB products and comes in SPF 30 and SPF 70. You should be using a full shot glass for your body and a full teaspoon just on your face. Reapply every one or two hours that you are in the sun to ensure a summer full of safe sun fun.
* Hydrate your body with a summer-scented lotion: Find a summery lotion that you won’t forget to put on. It’s time to pack away your thick winter body butters for more light summery lotions. You don’t have time to wait for your lotion to sink in, so look for something light, fast absorbing. Gels and purees are perfect fast absorbers. Nothing spells summer more than a light refreshing fruity lotion.
* Don’t forget your feet: Winter boots have long since been packed away; it’s sandal season ladies. Either go or get a pedicure (try a beauty school if cost is a factor), or give yourself an at-home pedicure. You scrub off the dead dry skin to reveal your sandal ready feet. Nothing is worse than seeing dull dry feet inside cute sandals. It doesn’t have to be a big ordeal. Keep a foot scrub and file in your shower and scrub your feet a few times a week. You’ll notice a big difference in the softness of your feet.
* Avoid makeup: During summer, less makeup is best. Under the intolerant sun natural looks are best. If you intend to use foundation then also apply face powder with SPF to avoid patchy skin. To protect your lips always use a gloss or a lip balm with an SPF of 15 to make your lips fresher. Eye make is something which should be very much avoided in summer.