Lip Care Tips To Protect Your Lips This Winter By Instaglam
Winter is coming so brace your lips from the fast catching cold. Your lips are the most delicate part of your face and are more prone to dry out this season. But fret not, because protecting them from the harsh winters is quite easy. Read on to know the do’s and don’ts for lip care this season:
- Water is the solution to all the worldly problems. Okay, maybe not all, but it definitely is one of the solutions to dry lips. A hydrated body means hydrated lips which do not dry fast.
- Every morning, after you brush your teeth, gently run your tooth brush over your lips. It helps to remove patches from your lips.
Lips don’t have sweat glands like the rest of our body, so they tend to dry out faster due to lack of moisturization. Always use Baby Lips Lip Balm to keep them fresh at all times.
- Vitamin E or Shea Butter are also good for your lips. Find a lip moisturizer that comes with these ingredients. If you do not have it, you can always use a little petroleum jelly to give your lips the care it needs.
- Who says winter lip care means dull colors? Keeping up with the neon trend, Baby Lips Electro Pop has your basic lip moisturizer transformed to 4 electric colors. This way, you can look stylish while caring for your lips.
- Lightly scrub your lips with some honey and lemon juice using a soft tooth brush. This will remove all the dead and flaky skin that has not been exfoliated.
- Lips don’t have melanin, which is the pigment that helps protect your skin against the sun’s rays. Good for you, Maybelline New York’s Baby Lips comes with SPF 20 to shield your lips from the sun and all its harm. A must try is the Spiced Up range which is just perfect for Indian Skin Tones.
- Do not fidget. Biting, chewing, licking or even unnecessarily touching your lips does not help with dry lips and may also trigger it.
Touching your lips with your fingers also leads to dryness. Bacteria from your fingers can get left behind on your lips causing them to dry up quickly.
- Avoid breathing from your mouth as much as you can. It causes your lips to dry out since the air dries up its moisture.
During the dry season, avoid using too much lip gloss as it steals away the moisture from your lips. Instead, you can try out the new Baby Lips Candy Wow that comes in 5 vibrant colors and flavors, leaving your lips looking soft and bright all day long. Another
- wonderful option is the Lip Smooth Color Bloom which changes color according to your lips.
Don’t forget to always apply lip balm over your lips before you use lipstick. This makes your look last longer without getting flaky.
This winter, flaunt your fresh pout by following the above guidelines and carrying your Baby Lips everywhere you go.
Have some more tips and tricks for lips you’d like to add to this list? Do let us know in the comments below.