Eyes are the jewel of the body. But they are treated to the roughest usage. Most of the people opt for a skin sensitive moisturizer rather than specific eye creams. The reason for the choice lies in the fact that an under eye cream serves only the under eye skin as against the skin sensitive moisturizers which serve the full face skin. But, not looking after the under eye skin might cause several complications like puffiness, dark circles and crows feet under the eyes. It might also lead to aging of skin and wrinkles.
Let us, first of all, know all the reasons behind why dark circles actually from under our eyes.
- The under eye skin is the most tender part of the body. Its thickness is a mere 0.2mm as 9opposed to 2mm thickness of the other parts of the skin. And this delicate skin tends to get thinner when exposed to the pollution and the UV rays of the sun. The thinning of the skin shows the blood vessels more clearly and this causes the appearance of dark circles.
- It is very important part of beauty regime to take care of the skin texture. Under Eye, creams should be an important part of the daily beauty regime for those people who have dry skin and the tendency of forming dark eye circles and crow’s feet under their eyes. Besides, applying under eye creams daily would ensure that the under eye skin is kept oil-free.
- Wrinkles and dark eye circles are also common for those part of the population working in night shifts and having lack to sleep. This lack of sleep leads to the production of excessive melanin the pigment that results in skin darkening and finally results in dark circles under our eyes.
Easy Eye Treatments that can be done to take good care of the eye
According to the dermatologists, the earlier we start taking care of under eye cream to make it more firm and supple, the lesser the problems one will face in future relating to dark circles and wrinkles.
Here are a few tips that would help us not only in retaining great eyesight but also preventing the wrinkles and dark circles from appearing.
- A Healthy Diet: A healthy diet for eyes would mean the inclusion of all colorful fruits and vegetables. Vegetables like broccoli, sweet potato, spinach, and carrots are also helpful for great eyesight. Consumption of fish that are rich in Omega 3 and Fatty Acids are also beneficial for retaining good eyesight.
- Cold Eye Bags and Cucumber: If you feel that you are going through a lot of stress and your eyes are burning. This forms and effective part of eye treatment. Use cold black tea eye bags and Cucumber slices over closed eyes. Keep the pack for at least two hours and then wash off using cold water. Finally, clean your eyes using cotton balls dipped in rose water.
- Use Sun Shades: It’s known to everyone how harmful the UV rays of can be for the eyes. Therefore, to protect the eyes from the UV rays of the sun. It is better to wear sun shades before leaving the house during the day especially in the summer season. It is better to choose sunglasses that block at least 95% of the UV rays of the sun.
Besides, it is also wise to know about the background history of your family’s eye related problems so that you can take preventive measures before the problem starts setting in. So, it’s advisable to take good care of eye for glowing and moisturized facial looks.